+61 451 009 500

Child Care Worker Tax Tips

Afford Accounting > Child Care Worker Tax Tips

Motor vehicle is generally deductible if you need to travel between locations or drop off kids.

Work-related travel that you pay for too training etc. can also be claimed including accommodation and sometimes meals.

Work-related clothing is deductible if you need to purchase a uniform or do your own laundry.

Courses and education – even if you are not a student anymore are deductible, you are still entitled to claim any self-education expenses you incur for your job.

Union or association fees are tax-deductible.

Working from home along with laptops and mobiles etc. can also be claimed. We all know work doesn’t stay at work anymore.

Donations you have helped people all year round, this is when it will help you! Donations to a DGR are tax deductible. It definitely pays to help others!

Accounting fees – So why do it yourself when your accounting fees are tax-deductible? Don’t forget you can even claim the travel to see us!

Also don’t forget Private Health Insurance and Income Protection (Yes you can get insurance to protect your income!)

Complete your tax return in minutes